Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Crafty Christmas

This past weekend we celebrated Christmas with David's family. David's family is BIG so handmade gifts are in order! I love doing crafty things and each year try to come up with something that everyone will enjoy. This year I decided to make my mom's sugared pecans for the men in the family. They are yummy and soooo easy! I found these cute Chinese takeout boxes at Target that were the perfect size.



I have also recently discovered the most amazing scrapbook artist (Kristin Aagard) who helped me out tremendously by giving away these free gift tags on her blog. Even though I had purchased the Merry and Bright kit, having these gift tags, saved me a ton of time! Thank you so much Kristin! :-)



Aren't they so cute!



mmmmmmm...yummy cinnamon and sugar pecans!



Here they are with their cute little tags! I think they turned out great and the guys loved them!



For the ladies, I made soap...fun!



I think my favorite was the green tea...I love that scent!



Saying grace before the meal has it's own little challenge. This year we decided to stretch around the pool! Lots of new little ones this year...so precious and cute!



David's sister bought all of the little ones matching sweaters! She said all those years in Catholic school make her think that everyone should be dressed alike. By this time the kids were partied out and we had a few pouters, lol!



And the one who started it all...my sweet mother-in-law Bernice!



My crafty oldest daughter decorated her sweater for an annual Christmas sweater party...now that sounds like a fun party!



Complete with a Santa ornament on the back! HA!



And here is the recipe for sugared pecans just in case you would like to make some for your friends and family.

SUGARED PECANS

Preheat oven to 225 degrees.

Beat one egg white and 1 tsp. cold water with wire whisk or fork until frothy but not stiff. Add 1 pound pecan halves, stir until coated well. In another bowl, mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Add egg coated pecans and mix well until all are coated. Place evenly on buttered (or Pam sprayed) jelly roll pan. Bake at 225 degrees for one hour. Stir every 15 minutes. You can do two batches at one time but rotate pans after 30 minutes.

I filled 12 of the takeout containers with about 2 1/2 pounds of pecans.

I hope you are enjoying your holidays and spending time with those you love!

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the soap idea!! Please email me how you did it!! I would love to do this for next year :)

    Liannap@aol.com

    By the way, I just saw Laura and Curtis' Christmas cards....and my goodness...you out-do yourself every single year.

    LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darla love the gift ideas. We have a huge family on mom's side. I think I know your mom in law. She attend OLF?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you so much for dropping by my blog the other day! I love your soaps!!! They are just precious...got any left for me?????

    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! the soap is AMAZING! Your daughter's sweater....that's totally something I would have done - years ago :) Very stylish and trend setting! She obviously takes after her Mama.

    Krystena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:28 PM

    I love those soaps! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails