Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More Christmas...

It was off to my parent's house on Christmas eve where everything is beautifully decorated and no detail is left to chance. Don't believe me? Let me show you! My mom is such a wonderful decorator!



I can almost see the twinkle in her tree...



I love her new Santa pics...



The card table and tree...



Lil' bits of Santa in the kitchen...



mmmmm....peppermints...



The Christmas flower...



The puppy stockings...a dog's gotta have her rawhide! My daddy calls them haha's...



Pretty, pretty, pretty...



The bar...



The buffet...



The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...



Lot's of presents for good boys and girls...



Jesus is the reason for the season!

We spend the night at my mom and dad's house on Christmas eve and just visit and eat some of our favorite finger foods. My mom gives everyone their one gift to open on Christmas eve and it is pajamas. I don't have pictures of that because they are in my mom's camera and I am afraid she doesn't know how to get them out! Cameron loved her PJs so much she has worn it as a dress with Ugg boots! That girl is crazy and can make anything look good! My sister's birthday is Christmas day and sometimes we celebrate her birthday on Christmas eve. The kid's were so excited about the gift they had for their Aunt Pam. My sister has done so much for our kids it's nice to see them so excited about giving back to her. Pam has taken Cameron to Colorado, August on a rafting trip and they stayed in Las Vegas, Jacque went to see Harvard University and up to Maine to eat lobster, and Leighton has been to Green Bay twice...once to attend a football game on what was supposed to be Brett Favre's last season to play. Pam loves Brett Favre and has shared that love with the kids. They had a blast and it was sooooo cold! Another thing that they have enjoyed together are the Harry Potter books. They read them together, attended midnight release parties, waited anxiously for the movies and enjoyed them together! She even pre-ordered the last book and had one shipped to both Jacque and Leighton. So, while August was online shopping for his sister (who desperately wanted Snape's wand) he came across a pen set where each pen represented each of the houses in the book and a sorting hat pen holder. He asked his brother and sisters if they would each buy a pen and he would buy a pen and the pen holder. Perfect gift...she loved it!



Jacque gave her the Slytherin pen because she loves Snape! I have to admit he is one of my favorite characters too. We love us some Alan Rickman!



I am so very proud that they know the joy of gift giving and that they used their own money to buy their gifts. They were very generous with their gift giving! They have big plans for next year's gift for their Aunt Pam!



Christmas morning we open stocking stuffers and have our traditional breakfast of fruit, quiche, and croissants and once again my momma out does herself. I just love this little gingerbread house that sits on her island in the kitchen. It is from Williams Sonoma and she just pops it in a plastic bag and places it in the freezer and uses it from year to year. Works out perfectly!



These rolls are absolutely to die for. Oprah featured them on one of her favorite things shows and my mom decided to order some from Williams Sonoma. They are melt-in-your mouth goodness like you have never tasted before. I highly recommend them!



My sister, mom and Cam putting the finishing touches on breakfast...



Breakfast in all it's yumminess!



I will share more Christmas fun tomorrow! Hard to believe we enjoy it as much now as we did when Santa made his annual appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails